Your Position: Home > Tourism > Places to go

Lushan Temple

Time:2009-11-18 06:57:25  Source:  Author:

Lushan Temple
The Lushan Temple, also known as Luyuan or Huiguang Temple, built by the monk master Fachong of Zan religion during the Jin Dynasty (265AD-420AD), has a long history of more than 1700 years. The temple was first built in the second year of Renshou during the reign of Emperor Wen of the Sui Dynasty (581AD-618AD) as he gave an imperial edict that a pagoda for Buddhist relics be built. During the 18th year of Kaiyuan under the reign of Emperor Tang Xuanzong, the well-known writer and calligrapher Li Yong wrote "Lushan Temple" for the stele, known as San Jue Bei, a stele perfect in such three aspects as literary talent, calligraphy and engraving. 

The Lushan Temple Stele, a black stone with a round top, is a well-known stele of ancient China. Four Chinese characters of "Lu Shan Si Bei"(Lushan Temple Stele) were inscribed on it and the inscription on it contains 1419 Chinese characters which recorded the origins and the development of Buddhist doctrine preaching activities through the period between the establishment of the temple in the Jin Dynasty (265AD-420AD) and the setup of the stele in the Tang Dynasty (618AD-907AD).

Originally, it had a main hall and a rear hall, however, nowadays only the rear hall remains there. The arch gate of the temple is built in the local architectural style and upon it there is a sign bearing the legend "Ancient Lushan Temple".It is roofed with yellowish tiles and supported by red columns.

Admission (for reference): RMB15 yuan/adult
Tel:(86)731-8822316
Opening hour:
7:30-18:00 (May 1st-October 31st)
8:00-17:30(November 1st-April 30th)

Buzz up
Home
Back Home
Recommended Information
Related Articles
    Nothing Related
Last Update
Hot Hits